A Tribute to the Great Airplanes of WWII, the Cold War and Modern Times
This website is a tribute to the great military planes and commercial airplanes, and to the people who design, build, fly, and service these aircraft.
We provide first-hand commentary, specifications, history and original photographs of great World War II planes such as the B-24 Liberator and the B-17 Flying Fortress, and modern-era military aircraft such as the SR-71 Blackbird as well.
Enjoy your flight today!
We'll be adding new features to the website in 2023, including additional stories, reviews and original photographs.
Some recent additions and updates:
- Airworthy B-36 Peacemaker
- Aerial Demonstration Teams
- USAF Tail Codes
- P-8 Poseidon
- Eurofighter EF2000 Typhoon
- Douglas DC-3
- Flight Works Alabama
- Air Force One and VIP Military Aircraft
- U.S. Air Force Buzz Numbers
- Antonov An-124 and An-225
Continued Evolution of This Aviation Website Series
We launched Planes of the Past in 2012, which over time grew into a large site covering a variety of aviation-related topics. In 2015, we split the website into more focused topics based on our viewers' interests. Now we offer the following websites:
- Airplanes-Online - World War II, the Cold War and modern day airplanes (this site)
- AirplaneBoneyards.com - Military and airliner boneyards in the U.S., Europe & Australia
- AirlinerSpotter.com - Airliner spotting tips, Airbus and Boeing fleets with characteristics, comparisons and photographs